Thursday, August 06, 2009

Labels and Displays

For the most part I make my own displays. The Superchica display system has been built by using a combination of recycled items and wood scraps. Ha. Yes. It sounds pretty crafty doesn't it? When I say Handmade I guess I really, really mean it. Thankfully, the local thrift stores and various estate sales have helped me find good foundational pieces over the years. My display storage area is full. My husband even said to me last week "You've got to get rid of some of these displays!". He says that because along with the good displays, I've kept the bad. The ones that just didn't look quite right and the ones that fell apart at first use.

Today I'm conjuring up a display for headbands. I just can't seem to find something I like, so I'm going to make standing head silhouettes. Here's an idea of what I'm working on....

The plan is to cut them out of foam board and then cover them with a groovy fabric or maybe decoupage them. Not sure yet. The key will be making a sturdy base for them to sit on that won't easily fall over. I'll let you know how it works out. Your ideas are welcomed.



Also in the plan today is attaching price tags to my newest items. This time around I've kept it simple. These were easy to design and I like that they clearly show my logo. So, I'm off to start tying little strings to each tag. :)
Show season is really coming fast!

No comments: