Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Post Pony Post

Aaaaaaahhhh. Yes, it's over. The Shop Pony Show is in the past, but it has left me with good memories. Truly, this was my first "big" show since NY in December. The experience has left me feeling energized about my work and ready to go forward.
There was some really cool stuff at the show. Really, I had to hold back from buying to save my budget. I did score some extremely yummy candles from Dark Candles. Her Halloween collection smells amazing. My favorite one is the Chocolate Bat. Just try and keep from eating it!

Another of my favorite vendors was Claudia's Burning Ink. She had the booth across from me and I was really impressed with her wooden creations. She's got a style similar to mine, so I'm partial. She's super sweet too and I hope to work with her again.

Yes, It was really steamy in the middle of the afternoon. Not sure what caused the spike in temperature inside the building, but it definitely had me feeling a bit woozy. Still, the crowds were exciting and I loved, loved, loved the space we were in. The artwork on the walls was so cool!

I spent about 2 minutes with the pony. Her name is "Lady" and she was really cute. Rumor has it, she recently had a baby and this was her first time out since the big event. During our visit she whinnied several times, which was louder than you'd expect. I thought she might be scared of me, but her handler said she just wanted to get back into her trailer and was telling him so. Then she left a little "gift" on the floor and I excused myself.

The swing dancers were so inspiring. Gosh, I wish I could dance really well. For years Kent and I have been saying "Let's take swing lessons.", but we never do it. I hear they have a swing party every weekend, so maybe we'll go to one of them in the future.


Gee wiz! My headbands were the big hit! I didn't expect that, but I sold more headbands than anything else. They're totally new for Superchica and I like making them. So, more headbands it is. There was a super cute girl at the show and I think her name was Heather. She was absolutely determined to buy one of the headbands and so she did. She even accessorized it with her own band on top. Her mother told me that she wants to be a fashion designer when she grows up. Maybe one day we'll see her work on the runways.


I hope you had a chance to come out and experience it for yourself. Thanks to everyone that supported me.
We hope to do another one next year, so be sure to visit The Dallas Craft Mafia site to see pictures from the event and to sign up for our newsletter and get info about more shows.

No comments: