Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My August.

It has been a while since my last post and I have a lot to catch up on. First of all, you probably noticed that I totally re-vamped my website. I thought it was time to simplify my look and hopefully it's easy to use. Secondly, I've really changed my work and have focused almost entirely on fabric arts. Ceramics will still be in my collection, but only during the holidays. For now, I'm happily sewing and painting things that are soft. No more yards of bubble wrap!

This week is all about preparation as The Show Pony Show is coming up this weekend on Aug 17th. This is my first real show since December!!! Can you believe it? Me neither. Well, it promises to be great. The Dallas Craft Mafia is hosting and has chosen over 25 vendors for you to shop from. We've also arranged to have a sweet pony in the afternoon, which is really cool. I'll have an 8x8 booth of just Superchica goodies. Be sure to stop by and get into one of the raffles.

My other big news is that we adopted another dog! Yes, we're totally insane. Totally. She's unbelievably sweet and cute and we are happy to have her, even if it means more work. I was running errands a few days ago and there she was wandering the streets near a busy intersection. She had no collar and no micro-chip. It turns out she's had a litter of puppies at some point and has not been spayed. She's only 8 months old and must have had quite the life. Nat and Arlo or beginning to accept her and the cats seem to be saying "Eck, another one!" and "Oh, whatever.". So, things have been a little topsy turvy this past week. By the way, we named her Tilda.

Oh, and yesterday was my birthday! Woo! Kent and I had a yummy lunch at Houston's restaurant. If you haven't been there, I hope you get to go sometime soon. I just love the food and the service is really good plus they keep it dark. Nice. Then we finally went to see The Dark Knight. Sadly, I think it wasn't worth all the hype it's received, although I thought it was very good. Not excellent, but really good.

Right now I'm dying fabric for some of the pieces I'll have available this weekend. I really hope you can come out and shop or just say "hi". This show is a good test for my new work. Right now I have pieces at House of Dang and Make, but I'm still not sure how the newest items will be received in a show environment. We'll see!

No comments: