Thursday, April 10, 2008

Not so crafty.

I'm beginning to face the fact that for the moment, I'm all crafted out. What's that about? I can't really give an answer. So, for a while I may not blog about crafty stuff. Instead, I'll just put my thoughts out there and maybe share a funny story or this or that. Okay?

Good. Well, lately I've been addicted to LastFm.com. Kent was told that his album had been posted there and was getting pretty frequent play, so he checked it out. One day I finally sat down and started playing around with it myself and I love it. The basic concept is that you type in your favorite singer or band and then they show you their discography and you can play mp3's of their songs. It also shows you similar artists and you can set it to "radio" and it just keeps playing music that it thinks you'll like. Sort of like Amazon, but without being a storefront. It's fun. Not all the artists have their songs available to listen to, but I've found almost everything I like so far. Check out my playlist...


It's funny. When you actually sit down and make a list of your favorite songs, and not just what you like right now but what you can't live without, you can see what really influences you. It's clear that I'm a product of the 80's and that I like melancholy music. Yep, that's pretty much it in a nutshell. This list is not perfect, because some of my favorite songs were not available on LastFm, but it's close and pretty representative of my style and my heart. I've made my "Desert Island" mix in my head a thousand times. If I were on a desert island would I really have access to a cd player? Well, maybe. Until the batteries went dead. Anyhoo.

1 comment:

Martha Elaine Belden said...

i LOVE last.fm!!

listening to it as i type this, actually. if you're ever bored and want to see my recent playlist, just look at my blog... it's in my sidebar and updates every few minutes :)

i'll have to look for kent's stuff.